“JRD Tata had a friend who used to say that he misplaces and loses his pen very often. He will use only very cheap pens so that he need not to worry about losing them. He was worried about carelessness habit.
JRD suggested him to buy the costliest pen he could afford and see what happens. He did that and purchased a 22 carat gold pen. After nearly six months JRD met him and asked him if he continues to misplace his pen. His friend said that he is very careful about his costly pen and he is surprised how he has changed! JRD explained to him that the value of the pen made the difference and there was nothing wrong with him as a person!”
This is what happens in our life. We are careful with things and people which we value most. It applies to every substance related to us. Our wellbeing, work, buddies, family, money, time and so on.
- If we value our health, we will be careful about what and how we eat;
- If we value our friends, we will treat them with admire;
- If we value money, we will be careful while spending;
- If we value our time, we will no longer waste it.
- If we value relationship, we will not break it.
- If we value the work we do, we will be honest and sincere in doing it!
While we earned something after placing up numerous efforts, we will undoubtedly value it. The things we receive without cost or efforts are valueless for us, until we recognize its worth or we lose it.
Carefulness is a basic trait all of us have, we know when to be careful! Carelessness only shows what we don’t value.